Written by the Hyde Park Relay organisers
2pm on Saturday 11th February 2017 will see the running of the 69th annual Hyde Park Relay race – the UK’s largest student relay race – organised by Imperial College London’s Cross Country and Athletics Club.
What are the Hyde Park Relays?
The relays involve racing on the paths of the famous Hyde Park. The race will consist of 6x5km chip-timed legs for men’s/mixed teams, with women’s teams running 4x5km laps.
Who can compete?
A wide range of abilities are welcome to race, with the fastest teams and runners competing for the prestigious relay baton trophies and more casual runners enjoying the chance to create witty team names or even to compete in fancy dress!
The race is open to university students and their alumni from the UK and beyond, with guest entry available for non-student teams.
After the show, it’s the after-party…
After the race, hot food is served (included in entry price!) during the presentation of awards and then the infamous after-party begins and continues long into the night.
How much does it cost?
Entry will be charged at:
- £60 per external men’s/mixed team (6x5km) – £10/runner
- £40 per external women’s team (4x5km)) – £10/runner
- £45 per internal (Imperial College) men’s/mixed team (6x5km) – £7.50/runner
- £30 per internal (Imperial College) women’s team (4x5km) – £7.50/runner
How to enter:
- Please purchase entry from here for external entries or here for internal entries.
- Then fill in the entry form, quoting the order number received upon purchase of entry.
- We will confirm your entry via email.
Entries close on Saturday 4th February 2017, so get thinking of those witty team names now!
Alternatively, the organisers may be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.