University/Club affiliation is mandatory to be eligible to score points in LUCA competitions.
Affiliation is available to all universities based in London and the home counties.
Benefits for clubs
Affiliation is required to compete in LUCA competitions. Affiliation is currently free.
Universities affiliated to LUCA gain many additional advantages. These include:
- Funding programmes to benefit affiliated clubs
- Subsidised training events for club members
- Eligibility for funded coaching courses for registered club members (Coaching Assistant, Athletics Coach and Coach in Running Fitness qualification)
- Resources and training programmes to support club development
- Championships across a wide range of event groups and disciplines
- Ability to contest club competitions
- Award programme to recognise the efforts of the volunteers
- Specialist events, seminars and conferences to support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteers
- Benefits and support for competition organisers
- Working with established bodies to secure more investment for club development